Transcript for 82-year-old honors student inspires peers during graduation
- Finally tonight, America strong. It is graduation season. And one honor student is celebrating her achievements and inspiring others.
REPORTER: A little extra pump because of the circumstance for one graduate in particular at the University of Maryland Global Campus. Of the 3,700 graduates who received degrees during commencement ceremonies this week, May Beale--
- May Anna Beale.
REPORTER: --just one day before the ceremony, she turned 82 years young.
- I feel excited. I feel accomplished.
REPORTER: Beaming that million-watt smile, she proudly flipped her tassel as she stepped forward to pick up that hard-earned degree, with honors, no less. After her 46-year career with the federal government, she returned to college in her late 70s working toward her bachelor's degree in business management one course at a time, on several occasions, making the dean's list.
- I kept my eye on my prize. And I made it a priority.
REPORTER: May Anna Beale is leading by example showing her family and others just what's possible with a dream fueled by determination.
- So I just feel empowered. And I'm fired up and ready to go.
- Fired up, big congratulations there.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.