Transcript for Jessie James Decker shares how to level up your workouts this year
LARA SPENCER: It is time now to level up your workout, finding the right gear to help you achieve your goals of this year.
- This segment is sponsored by Dick's sporting goods, and they are committed to helping you maximize your fitness in the new year. This morning, former reality star and fitness maven Jessie James Decker has some great tips on how you can effectively work out at home.
[UPBEAT MUSIC PLAYING]
- (SINGING) Go, go there. Right Yeah. Right.
- For mother of three Jessie James Decker--
- Wow, that's a good bite, girlfriend.
- --finding the time to get in a workout isn't always easy. For this fitness influencer, though, it's about doing the work whenever you can.
JESSIE JAMES DECKER: - Working out is such a priority to me.
- It helps me build my stamina and my strength.
- Now, she's teaming up as a spokesperson for our sponsor, Dick's Sporting Goods, to show us how we can maximize our fitness into the new year by building your own dream gym at home, starting with interactive exercise equipment.
- I love the Nordic Track bike.
JESSIE JAMES DECKER: I'll be honest. I don't love running.
- It's never been one of my favorite things, so this is an amazing workout for me.
- Bikes like these can help guide your workouts--
- I love the incline, really gets me going, gets my heart rate up.
- --but cardio is only one aspect of fitness.
JESSIE JAMES DECKER: My number one request is to always have dumbbells.
- It can work out every single muscle group.
- Decker says when using dumbbells, the most important thing is using proper form.
- I realized I was not seeing the results, and I think it was my form was incorrect. So as soon as I corrected that, I saw results almost instantly. You stick your butt out, keep your chest high, and you really want to lean into it.
- And after an intense workout, it's important to remember your body needs to bounce back.
- I want to recover in the best way possible, and I fell in love with the Theragun. I really like to work out my quads. I like to get the Theragun and get in those places that I feel like are a little extra push.
[UPBEAT MUSIC PLAYING]
JESSIE JAMES DECKER: A finger fitness game is easy when you start at Dick's Sporting Goods. Their website helps you compare all the different features and workout equipment, plus with your order, they'll have it ready curbside or delivered right to your door.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.