Transcript for Trumpet the bloodhound wins Westminster show
[MUSIC - SMASH MOUTH, "ALL STAR"] (SINGING) Hey now, you're an all-star. Get your game on. Go play.
- And we're back now with our pup of the day. And what a night as Trumpet the bloodhound crowned Best in Show at the 146th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. And look who we have here. We're so excited. We have the top dog himself, Trumpet, and his owner Heather Buehner, plus on-air analyst for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, Gail Miller Bisher. Thank you both-- all three of you for being here.
- Thank you for having us.
- Gail, I'm going to begin with you, because this is the first time a bloodhound ever has won top dog. Tell us what surprised you most about him?
- Well, his condition is incredible. Heather has him in perfect physical condition, and he really just floated around that ring. He's strong. Such a powerful dog. Lot of dog, right? He's a big boy. But he really floated around that ring, and that's because of his conditioning.
- All right. OK. Heather, so how did you do it? I mean, how did you get a big dog to float? I need to know.
- Well, Trumpet likes to run, so I just keep up with Trumpet. But a lot of conditioning as well. More him than me.
- I was just asking you how-- I mean, it had to have been a crazy last few days. You're exhausted. I'm sure trumpet is, too. So thank you for being here.
- Yeah, thank you.
- What was the moment like, though, when you heard Trumpet announced?
- Exhilarating. I was just so happy and honored. I mean, what a show to have that win.
- What goes into creating Trumpet? To creating a Westminster top dog?
- A lot of years of good breeding.
- All right. So what does Trumpet like to do when he's not competing? We need to know all about Trumpet. What's he like when he's--
- Trumpet is your everyday dog. He likes to dig holes in the dirt. He likes to kiss.
- Yeah, he likes to kiss.
- Look at him.
- He has a lot of dog friends that he loves playing with, so he's a character, as you can see.
- Well, he loves you.
- That was a beautiful thing to witness. Congratulations, Trumpet. Heather, Gail, thank you for being with us. We appreciate it.
- That was on point, Trumpet.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.