Transcript for Girl makes big catch on 1st fishing trip with dad
WOMAN (SINGING): It's going to be a good, good day.
- Back now with our Play of the Day. With a proud father's fish tale that is actually real. Will Reeve is back with that.
- Hey, there, Michael. You're a girl dad, Whit. So are you. This will hit you right in the heart. Matt Brewster says his nine-year-old daughter, Allie, has been begging to go fishing with him.
They've been practicing casting. And then finally dad said she was ready to go. Was she ever. On her first fishing trip, Allie's first catch was a nearly 5 and 1/2 pound bass. Listen to her reaction here.
- [SCREAMING] Yes. Yes.
WILL REEVE: What a moment for them. Father and daughter bonding. She went on to catch more than a dozen. So clearly practice paid off.
Matt's saying, Allie told him, daddy, I think we've grown so much on this trip. The video going viral, nearly 150 million views. The best thing I've seen today.
- Yeah, I agree. That's what it's all about.
- By the way, the size of that for your first fish. I mean, that's impressive.
- And then, like, 12 more.
- They're going to need a bigger boat, obviously.
- Yeah, for sure.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.